Directions0/0 steps made
- Halve peppers, remove the core, and lay out on a baking tray sprayed with oil
- Cover with paprika and a drizzle of olive oil and roast for 25 minutes on 200 fan
- Remove from the oven, cover in foil to steam for 10 minutes, then peel away and discard the skins
- Meanwhile fry off onion and garlic over a low heat until softened
- Add onion, garlic and peppers to a food processor and blend until smooth – you may need a splash of water to get your desired consistency
- Add mixture back to a pan, then add balsamic, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and cream and stir until combined and warmed through
- Add cooked pasta and mix
- Serve with fresh basil and parmesan
- You can cook your pasta before you start making the sauce – just toss it in a little olive oil so it doesn’t stick together whilst you prepare the sauce
- We recommend cooking your pasta in stock – chicken or veg – for extra flavour
- If you can’t get every last bit of skin off your peppers, don’t worry too much! Just aim to discard as much skin as possible for a smoother sauce
- You can cook a large batch of this sauce and freeze in portions – it won’t just go with pasta – serve with fish, chicken, or as a base for a pepper and tomato soup!
- This recipe is vegetarian – but you can add a meat like chicken if you like!