Directions0/0 steps made
- Add porks and spices to a food processor
- Pulse into a smooth paste
- Put 3 blobs of mixture onto a tray lined with baking paper
- Shape the mixture into oval patties
- Use your fingers to create ridges along the pattie to make a ‘rib’ like shape (see video for tips!)
- Brush patties with half of the barbecue sauce
- Oven bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 200°C
- Remove from oven, brush with remaining barbecue sauce and grill for 5 minutes, until sticky and browned
- Spread a tablespoon of barbecue sauce on bottom side of bun, add the pork patty, then add more bbq sauce, shredded onions and gherkins
- Serve with fries and your favourite dipping sauce for the full authentic experience!
- Make sure your meat mixture is nice and smooth, without too many big lumps
- Wet your hands before shaping the meat mixture on the tray – this will make it easier
- Don’t add the gherkins or onions if you don’t like them!
- We love a bit of cheese on ours too…