(Contains some affiliate links)
- 2 square brownie tins
- We love these silicone utensils – they come in lots of colours to suit every kitchen!
- A balloon whisk to match
- A decent hand whisk – which always comes in handy! We love this Kenwood one because it’s powerful and stores away neatly!
- Mixing bowls – we use these glass ones as they’re very durable – and perfect for melting chocolate in this recipe, but we also recommend these stackable stainless steel ones with airtight lids and these plastic nesting ones!
- Digital scales to weigh everything out super accurately
- A nice big sharp knife for getting those perfect, clean cut edges on your Chocolate Peanut Butter Slices! We recommend this one, this one and this one!
Directions0/0 steps made
- Mix together the crushed biscuits, butter and 275g peanut butter
- Mix in the icing sugar and 150g chopped Bournville
- Squash mixture into a lined and greased baking tin
- Melt the remaining Bournville chocolate over a bowl of boiling water
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the base, then add extra toppings such as extra peanut butter, pretzels and salted peanuts
- Put into the fridge to set – at least 4 hours but the longer the better
- Crush the biscuits using either a food processor or by putting the biscuits into a freezer bag, sealing and bashing with a rolling pin
- Keep the boiling water simmering on a low heat – but don’t let it touch the bottom of the glass bowl when melting the chocolate
- Make sure no water gets into the bowl of chocolate whilst you are melting it
- You can refrigerate the base mixture whilst you melt the chocolate for the topping if you like
- Please be aware that the nutritional values will vary depending on how much of the pretzel/peanut topping you add – our value is a guideline only