Directions0/0 steps made
- Mix melted butter, parsley and garlic in small bowl
- Brush 2 slices of bread on both sides with the butter
- Sprinkle one side of each slice of bread with parmesan and press it in
- Put a piece of bread, parmesan side down in a frying pan on a very low heat
- Add cheese, then a spoonful of spaghetti bolognese mix
- Add more cheese and top with the other slice of bread, parmesan side up
- Weigh and press down with something heavy
- After a couple of minutes – when the bottom of the toastie is crisp and golden, flip and repeat
- We used bread from a fresh white bloomer, but use whatever you fancy/have to hand!
- We used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar for the 100g cheese mix – we think this gives the perfect balance of flavour and melty-ness!
- We used a cast iron food press to weigh down the toastie, but you can just use anything heavy and flat – for example try a heavy based pan, with more pans stacked inside if it’s not heavy enough
- Alternatively, you could cook this in a panini press/sandwich toaster or similar if you have one!
- Nutritional information is based on using approximately half of the butter, 30g spaghetti pasta, half a portion of our ultimate bolognese and 2 slices from a 400g bloomer loaf