(Contains some affiliate links)
- We love these silicone utensils – they come in lots of colours to suit every kitchen!
- Digital scales to weigh everything out super accurately!
- A set of decent saucepans for boiling your veg beforehand
- A cake tin like this for your giant Yorkshire pudding ‘pie case’
Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat oven to 230°C and place a sandwich tin filled with about ½ cm of oil in there
- Meanwhile make the Yorkshire pudding mix; whisk together flour, eggs and a pinch of salt until a thick, smooth batter forms
- Then whisk in milk until combined with no lumps
- Pour batter about ⅔ full into the tin of hot oil
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven
- Remove from oven and turn down to 180°C
- Layer inside of Yorkshire pudding with meat, stuffing and veg, plus a little bit of gravy
- Add your circle of puff pastry to the top of the pie
- Egg wash the pastry and oven bake for about 15 minutes – until pastry is golden and risen, and filling is warmed through
- Make sure you have a nice, smooth batter – you can sieve the flour to help get rid of the lumps beforehand
- Remember to place your tins in the oven whilst it preheats – your oil really must be hot
- Be careful, but work quickly when pouring the batter into the tin and put it straight back into the oven – not leaving the oven door open for too long
- Make sure you DO NOT open the oven door before at least 15 minutes have passed – or your pudding will be flat!
- Layer everything nice and evenly – make sure everything in each layer is chopped to a similar size so it holds together when you cut into it