Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan
- Beat margarine and sugar together until pale and creamy
- Add eggs and vanilla essence and mix together
- Sieve in flour and baking powder, then fold in
- Toss the raspberries in a tablespoon of self raising flour and chop 125g of the Milkybar
- Add the raspberries and chopped Milkybar to the mix
- Pour into a lined and greased loaf tin and bake in preheated oven at 170 for 45-55 minutes – until you can insert a knife or skewer into the centre and it comes out clean
- Remove from oven and leave to cool
- Make buttercream; first melt 125g Milkybar and set aside
- Use a hand whisk to whisk the butter, vanilla extract and icing sugar together
- Pour the melted chocolate into the buttercream and mix
- Spread on top of the cooled cake, and top with raspberries and more Milkybar if you like – we added some buttons!
- You can beat the butter and sugar by hand, using a hand whisk, or using a stand mixer – just be careful not to overbeat if using electrical items!
- Make sure your eggs are already beaten before adding to the mixture to avoid overbeating
- Make sure you sieve your flour for a nice light, fluffy cake
- All ovens are slightly different, so keep checking your cake at the 45 minute mark – just don’t check much earlier than that or you might affect the rise!