Directions0/0 steps made
- Dice all veggies into small cubes of equal size – about 1cm x 1xm
Fry onions in a hob and oven safe casserole dish until softened
- Add garlic, carrots and aubergine
- Add courgette, chickpeas, chopped tomatoes and mix
- Finally add veg stock pot, tomato puree, harissa paste, paprika, turmeric, cumin, oregano and salt and mix again to combine
- Bring to boil, then cover with a lid and turn heat down to low
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes until thickened
- Slice halloumi into 10 slices, add to the top and place under the grill until golden
- Garnish with fresh coriander before serving
- Keep stirring when adding ingredients, to stop sticking to the bottom of the pan
- You need to make sure that the pan you use is oven safe as well as hob safe – no plastic handles etc!
- This recipe is great because you can skip ingredients you don’t like/don’t have, and can add in other vegetables and spices as you see fit! It’s perfect for adapting and working with what you have available!
- If your vegetable base isn’t as thick as you would like when you remove the lid after your 30 minutes of simmering, just leave the lid off and cook on a higher heat, stirring continuously, until you reach the thickness you desire