(Contains affiliate links)
- The spoons cookie pan of course! We love this little pan – you can also make chocolate or cake spoons in here!
- We love these silicone utensils – they come in lots of colours to suit every kitchen!
- A decent hand whisk – which always comes in handy! We love this Kenwood one because it’s powerful and stores away neatly!
- Mixing bowls – we use these glass ones as they’re very durable, but we also recommend these stackable stainless steel ones with airtight lids and these plastic nesting ones!
Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan)
- Beat together butter and sugar (using a hand whisk if possible) until pale and fluffy
- Add the flour and baking powder
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and almond extract
- Dough shouldnt be too sticky or too dry – you should be able pick it up and roll it around in your hands without it sticking to you too much or crumbling to bits – see top tips for how to solve these issues
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Squash mixture into the spoon cookie pan
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 160°C in your preheated oven
- Allow to cool slightly before carefully removing from pan and allowing to fully cool on a cooling rack
- Nutritional information is per spoon (recipe should make 32)
- If your dough is too sticky, keep adding flour 1 tablespoon at a time
- If your dough is too dry, keep adding a beaten egg, just a splash at a time
- Oven cooking times will vary – try checking after 10 minutes – the spoons should be starting to colour and go golden brown around the edges