Directions0/0 steps made
- Sieve flour, mix in sugar and salt and then make a well in the centre of the bowl, then set aside
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla essence
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry, whisking continuously
- Add the green food colouring and blend using a hand blender to get rid of any final lumps
- Preheat crepe maker to a medium heat
- Coat crepe maker thinly with some sunflower oil
- Add 4 tablespoons of the crepe mixture (we used a ladle to do it all in one go), then spread out using the batter spreading tool
- Cook for 60 seconds and then flip
- Cook for a further 20 seconds, then fold in half, and half again to make quarters
- Decorate with berries and chocolate to serve, sprinkle with icing sugar
- It’s really important to make sure that there are absolutely no lumps in this batter – if you don’t have a hand blender you can also use a food processor, or sieve the mixture again to get rid of the final lumps
- You don’t have to stick to our topping suggestions – get creative and try whatever toppings you like! Why not try some nuts, dried fruit, yoghurt, chocolate spreads, sprinkles or dessert sauces? The possibilities are endless!
- Be gentle when spreading the mixture on the crepe maker – you don’t want to break your crepe!
- You can make these crepes in advance if you’re having guests round – and then you can reheat on the crepe maker later! Just turn to a medium-high heat and warm through on each side for around 10-20 seconds
- If you’re serving almost immediately, you can put the crepes on a plate under some tinfoil, with kitchen paper between each one so that they don’t stick together