(Contains some affiliate links)
- We love these silicone utensils – they come in lots of colours to suit every kitchen!
- Don’t forget this silicone balloon whisk to match!
- Mixing bowls – we use these glass ones as they’re very durable, but we also recommend these stackable stainless steel ones with airtight lids and these plastic nesting ones!
- A good quality saucepan – we like this stainless steel set
Directions0/0 steps made
- For the caramel, melt the butter over a low heat on the hob
- Add the sugar and stir occasionally until dissolved
- Add 150ml cream and allow sauce to bubble gently
- Add vanilla and salt and remove from heat
- Allow to cool and pour into a bowl
- For the chocolate ganache, heat 300ml cream gently until bubbles form around the edges of the pan
- Pour cream over chocolate and whisk until chocolate is melted and combined
- Allow to cool and thicken slightly before pouring on top of the caramel
- Try not to stir the caramel at the beginning too much or it will crystallise
- Heat and cool your caramel gently or it will split
- Caramel can also split if
- Be patient with your ganache and allow it to cool and thicken – if it thickens too much you can reheat in the microwave in short bursts until it’s a thick pouring consistency
- If your ganache doesn’t thicken enough, you can add more chocolate